Project ECHO® (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) is an evidence-based model which places healthcare providers from diverse settings in direct contact with subject matter experts, empowering them to provide best practice care for their local communities.
Project ECHO® comprises a series of weekly ECHO sessions via videoconference. Each ECHO session consists of a brief presentation from a set curriculum designed in consultation with potential participants, followed by a participant-led case presentation with facilitated discussion. Following sessions, a brief written summary of the presented case with treatment recommendations is provided to participants, along with links to evidence based resources.
Benefits of Project ECHO®
- Provides clinicians with access to subject matter experts and a network of peers
- Online interactive learning
- Closed group learning
- Improved outcomes for patients and families
- No cost to join; participate from your desk
- CPD points as a self-recorded activity
Please click below to watch a brief video on 'how ECHO® works'.
Project ECHO®, Changing the World Fast