Adult Intellectual Disability Mental Health (AIDMH) ECHO
- More than 125,000 people in NSW have an intellectual disability.
- People with intellectual disability are up to 3 times more likely to experience a mental health condition at any time in their life.
- Most people with intellectual disability live in regional or outer metropolitan areas.
- Many people with intellectual disability will experience major barriers to accessing mental health care.
Adult Intellectual Disability Mental Health ECHO is a NSW Health capacity building initiative that supports healthcare professionals from diverse disciplines and service settings to improve mental health outcomes for people with an intellectual disability. Through participation, healthcare professionals can develop confidence and specialised knowledge to deliver specialised mental health care to adults with intellectual disability within their own local communities.
This ECHO is run by the Statewide Intellectual Disability Mental Health Outreach Service. They offer consultation to health professionals working with adults with intellectual disability where there concerns about their mental health or behaviour.
We welcome all healthcare providers who support people with intellectual disabilities. Participants may include Local Health District clinicians, GPs, practice nurses, and allied health professionals in both private and disability sectors across NSW.
2021 Autumn Series: Every Wednesday 12-1.30 pm from 21 April to 16 June 2021 (9 sessions) - Registration Closed
2021 Spring Series : Every Wednesday 10-11.30 am from 6 October to 1 December 2021 (9 sessions) - Open for registration
- Each ECHO series will run for 9 weeks.
- Participants are expected to attend each weekly session for 1.5 hours.
- Participants are encouraged to contribute a case presentation during a series.
- Participants who attend a minimum of 6 sessions will receive a certificate of attendance for CPD points.
- No cost to participate.
Please find more information on ECHO sessions here.
Download the flyer for AIDMH ECHO here.