Adult Eating Disorders (AED) ECHO
- 5% (1.2 million) of Australians are living with an eating disorder.
- Eating disorders have one of the highest mortality rates of any mental illness.
- From a workforce perspective, up to 97% of clinicians surveyed had received insufficient, or no training in eating disorders to enable them to provide treatment with confidence.
Adult Eating Disorders ECHO is designed to increase the specialist knowledge and expertise of clinicians in Local Health Districts and primary care across NSW in managing adults with eating disorders and form a virtual community of practice. Through participation, clinicians can increase their competence and confidence in delivering timely and effective best-practice treatment to adults with eating disorders in their local health setting.
We welcome all healthcare clinicians who support adults with eating disorders. Participants may include Local Health District clinicians, GPs, nursing and allied health clinicians across NSW.
ECHO Sessions 2023
Spring Series 2023: Every Wednesday 2-3.30 pm from 6 September to 25 October 2023 - Open for registration
- Each ECHO series will run for 8 weeks.
- Participants are expected to attend each weekly session for 1.5 hours.
- Participants are encouraged to contribute a case presentation during a series.
- Participants who attend a minimum of 6 sessions will receive a certificate of attendance for CPD points.
- No cost to participate.
Please find more information on ECHO sessions here.
Download the flyer for AED ECHO here.